We at Last9 we’re building an SRE Platform that removes the toil from everyday engineering operations. Last9 makes finding the root cause and preventing failures a matter of few clicks. We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to help design and build next-generation systems management software.
You infuse scale, availability, and performance into the code and push the boundaries of the data processing and storage systems. Inventing new algorithms and optimizing data structures for challenging problems is your usual craft. You will be part of a small but rapidly growing high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product. If this describes you, and you have an unending passion for learning, then we would love to hear from you!
- Work with the engineering team and Product Managers and deliver features and functionality to delight our customers
- Develop solutions you’ve designed from the ground up through from conception to deployment into production
- Provide solutions and in improving current performance and bottlenecks within the application and broader infrastructure and build awesome things in general
- Participate in design meetings, code reviews, mentoring new starters, technical interviews, and contribute to growing the team
- 5+ years of software development experience in C or Go or Python.
- She has demonstrated experience in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- She has firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- She possesses strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities and demonstrates proven technical leadership in the face of ambiguity
- She has a strong sense of ownership and integrity demonstrated through clear communication and collaboration
It would be great, but not mandatory if She had
- An understanding of observability (monitoring, logging, and tracing) and databases.
- Awareness and insight into industry trends (technology, methods, and tooling).
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Mentoring other software developers in all aspects of their engineering skillsets
- Knowledge of Data processing frameworks (like Pandas, Spark, Dask, Flink, etc) or Data analytical frameworks (like Kudu, Druid, etc)
Last9 is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity. All aspects of employment will be decided based on qualifications, merit, competence, performance, and business needs.