We at Last9 we’re building an SRE Platform that removes the toil from everyday engineering operations. Last9 makes finding the root cause and preventing failures a matter of few clicks.
About the Job
With your programming expertise and your operational experience, you will have a direct impact on the customer experience. Our services have to scale globally, stay highly available, and “just work.” If you love designing, engineering, and running systems and infrastructure that will help our customers, then this is the place for you! You will dogfood our product and provide constant feedback while working as part of a small but rapidly growing high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product.
- Operate and maintain our infrastructure and plan for future growth.
- Develop automation to achieve human-free operations using approaches that massively scale and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Maintain services once they are Live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Google Compute, or Azure.
- She has experience operating high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed software in production.
- She has strong software development experience with at least one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Java or Go.
- She has experience diagnosing and resolving problems in high-throughput web applications and network services.
- She has experience working with RDBMS (Postgres or MySQL), configuration management tools, and software delivery platforms.
- She demonstrates strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with experience developing and instilling a culture of operational maturity.
It would be great, but not mandatory if she had:
- An understanding of observability (monitoring, logging, and tracing).
- Awareness and insight into industry trends (technology, methods, and tooling).
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and container orchestration with Kubernetes
If this excites you, and you are keen to join our team and solve our operational challenges, then please fill the form below
Last9 is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity. All aspects of employment will be decided based on qualifications, merit, competence, performance, and business needs.